Tuesday, July 3, 2012

NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil Review

As promised in this post, I'm posting a review of my daily eyeliner from NYC.

For $0.99, I couldn't help but be curious about this product, and I figured it wouldn't hurt my wallet to try it out. Of course, you get what you pay for, so I was pretty disappointed in terms of quality. However, for about three times the amount of product as my Revlon eyeliner at a fraction of the price, and a nice, subtle look, this eyeliner doesn't do too badly in my books.

You can definitely feel the price in the application. A bit rough and not very pigmented, so you have do several strokes to get solid color payoff. Pretty much useless for water and tight lining because of its texture. I did brave it once and it surprisingly lasted for about 8 hours, but the uncomfortable feeling on that tender part of your eye is just not worth it. On the lash line, the color starts to fade at around 5 or 6 hours, but doesn't smudge and therefore isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Left to right: one light stroke, one heavy stroke, three light strokes, three heavy strokes
Smudge resistance: After rubbing twice 5 times with a wet tissue and 10 times with a dry tissue
Overall, if you're looking for a very natural look and are willing to work with it, I would suggest you pick this up for its low price. However, due to the low quality, I would give it a 4 out of 10 at most. A seemingly great deal until you realize the waxy, rough texture and frustratingly low intensity of color.

I haven't tried this as a brow liner, but imagine it would be better for that task given it is waxy and the color would be easily controllable since it's not very pigmented.

No comments:

Post a Comment